MAKE YOUR OWN ORGANIC SUNSCREEN!
Safe for all ages and Marine life this wonderful recipe is also Waterproof!
SPF of over 30 (Aprox)
- 2 oz. Virgin coconut oil
2 oz. Olive/ Argan oil ( can use one or a blend)
- 2 oz. Cocoa butter/ Shea butter
- 2 oz. Beeswax
- 2 oz. Non nano Zinc oxid
- Weigh and combine all ingredients in a heat safe glass pitcher.
- Create a double boiler by placing pitcher on a cloth inside a pan of water.
- Heat water to a simmer.
- Melt all ingredients completely, stirring well to combine.
- Remove pitcher carefully from hot water.
- Allow sunscreen to cool slowly, stirring periodically.
- Once sunscreen has started to thicken but is still pourable, pour into you container (if its dark better can last longer)
- Allow to come to room temperature.
This DIY natural sunscreen recipe should stay on during swimming and other water activities for at least two hours. After that, if you’re still going to be in the sun, it’s a good idea to reapply it.
NOTE: We recommend you to avoid exposure to Sun on its strongest hours.